Medallion Energy Services is a growing industrial electrical & instrumentation company in northern Alberta. We strive to ensure we provide the top experience, quality, safety and timely services to our clients. We are currently looking for a Regional Sales Representative to join our team in Grande Prairie, AB. We will provide excellent benefits package and top wages to the right candidate. We will look at helping with relocation cost for the right candidate if necessary.
The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for managing company customer accounts relating to the sale of Medallion products and services for the Electrical & Instrumentation projects and maintenance. This position will report to the president of the company.
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
- Establishes, maintains and manages effective business relationships at both the functional and executive levels; must be able to articulate the value Medallion can bring to the client/customer.
- Identifies and qualifies E&I opportunities based on understanding of an organization’s business and strategic direction and profitability to Medallion.
- Works in conjunction with Area/Operations Management on bid evaluation and develops proposals and for qualified sales opportunities including completing financial analysis, cost/benefit assessment and pricing methodologies to make recommendations to the customer and ensure competitive bid submission for the Product Line.
- Manages ‘Sales Process’ including territory plans, target accounts, opportunity management process, and account planning.
- Manages contract negotiation and renewal process working in conjunction with internal support organizations.
- Works collaboratively with Medallion internal support organizations to establish a cohesive working relationship and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Meets or exceeds required sales targets as specified in accountability agreement.
- Responsible for outstanding accounts receivable for items over 50 days.
- Keeps current on relevant strategic technologies and trends; continually develops industry knowledge by participating in key industry events/conferences, reading trade journals, participating in vendors’ training programs and taking advantage of external education as appropriate.
Desired Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Strong business development skills and sales hunter mentality.
- Dedicated ability to travel frequently and on short notice.
- Fully conversant and experienced with a mix of Electrical and Instrumentation – particular focus on safety and client protocols.
- Commitment to worksite safety and understanding of E+P client demands as such.
- Highly organized personal skills.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships quickly, excellent team building skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to complete projects/assignments with very little direction.
- Business skills necessary to maximize profitability and improve operational efficiency.
- Broad understanding of business plans, customer requirements, and market demands.
- Analytical skills necessary to recognize and solve problems of a highly complex nature.
- Strong communication and presentation skills representative of a clear, concise, comprehensive Written/verbal communicator.
- Committed to continual improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with ability to work on multiple projects.
- Electrical & Instrumentation experience an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of field sales experience in the Oil and Gas industry with a focus on solution-based selling strategies.
- Updated Industry accepted Safety and site training course certifications such as H2S, First Aid etc.
- Clean/Valid drivers license and abstract in good standing.
- Highly developed selling, communication, customer relations, negotiating and decision making skills, normally acquired through substantial industry experience.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Proven ability to deliver on aggressive individual sales quota, increase market share by acquiring net new customers and grow revenues in existing accounts.
- Experience writing and understanding complex proposals.
- Established senior level contacts within the industry.
- Extensive knowledge of Oil & Gas industry, marketplace trends and key indicators.
- Ability to prepare and deliver clear, effective presentations in a variety of formal settings at multiple levels within the customer’s organization.
If you are looking for a role that combines your technical/operational skills and passion for customers, then this is a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a high-energy, motivated field sales professional to promote Medallion’s growing profile for current and potential customers. Thank you to all candidates for your expressed interest! Only chosen candidates will be contacted.