Medallion Energy Services is a growing Industrial Electrical & Instrumentation company in Northern Alberta. We strive to ensure we provide the top experience, quality, safety and timely services to our clients. We are currently looking for 1st-4th Year Apprentice & Journeyman Instrumentation Technicians to join our team. We provide excellent benefits package and wages to the right candidate.
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
- Repairs and troubleshoots electrical, instrumentation and control equipment and emission monitoring instrumentation.
- Performs installing, calibration, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance of protective relays, computers, and metering.
- Monitoring and control systems on gas turbines, generators and plant auxiliary equipment.
- Inspects and test operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices precision measuring instruments.
- Performs installation of process control instruments such as transmitters, controllers, analyzers and control valves.
- Performs installing of process control instruments repair and modification while having the ability to remove and install small piping and tubing.
- May interface with outside contractors on new installation and start-up of electrical and process control systems.
- Provides support to operations in process control repairs and adjusts systems components, such as sensor, transmitters and programmable logic controllers, or removing and replacing defective parts.
- Calibrations and replacing components according to manufactures’ specification.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintaining work and completing tests and maintenance reports.
- Reviews all technical manuals and drawings as per supervisors direction to ensure job knowledge.
- Reads and interprets instruction manuals, blueprints and control system drawings.
- Completes all written electronic records required to document the work in progress and as it is completed.
- Complies with standards and procedure of the medallion health and safety manual and occupations health and safety regulations.
Desired Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Must have a flexible work schedule – shift work, overtime and weekend availability.
- Valid H2S Alive, Standard First Aid, Fall Arrest, Aerial Work Platform.
- Must possess a valid class 5 drivers’ license.
- Industrial oil & gas experience is an asset.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Dedicated to safety, quality and customer service.
- Must be reliable and dependable (i.e. punctual and ready to work).
If you feel you are the right person for the job and possess the qualities and skills we are looking for please submit your resume.