Medallion Energy Services is a growing industrial electrical & instrumentation company in northern Alberta. We strive to ensure we provide the top experience, quality, safety and timely services to our clients. We are currently looking for an Outside Sales Representative to join our team.
Outside Sales Representative Job Responsibilities:
Reporting to the owner, the Outside Sales Representative is responsible for building market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Identifies opportunities by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential customers, discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating customer needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Electrical and instrumentation experience
- Closing Skills
- Motivation for Sales
- Prospecting Skills
- Market knowledge and sales planning
- Selling to Customer Needs – helping them buy